CERTIFICATE OF PREGNANCY MASSAGE
Taught by Pregnancy Massage Australia
DISCOVER THE BENEFITS OF MASSAGE DURING PREGNANCY
March 18th & 19th 2023 – Heidelberg Campus
Pregnancy is a very special time in a woman’s life that creates significant physiological, structural, and psychological changes. Understanding these changes will help you, the massage therapist, to determine the outcome of your treatment. It will give you the confidence and guidance to apply appropriate therapeutic massage to your pregnant client.
During the course you will study the therapeutic application of massage for pregnant women, and the appropriate techniques and style of application suitable for each trimester. You will discover how beneficial massage is during pregnancy and beyond.
- On enrolment you receive a welcome email and an extensive training manual to support your learning. You will have access to the online course to complete the theory lessons prior to attending the practical face-to-face component.
- You can start whenever you like, and the theory component is self-paced.
- The theory component is broken up into individual 15-30 minute modules which you can complete at your own pace.
- You will have access to the online course for 4 months while you refine and perfect your skills, and also access to recorded videos of pregnancy massage applications to assist
- We will invite you to a Zoom Classroom to gain greater knowledge, understanding, and connection with therapists.
- You will be invited into the ‘Pregnancy Massage Australia®Therapists Q&A Facebook Group’, which is a supportive forum to ask questions and share your
- To successfully complete the course, you will have to pass the simple assessments by answering the questions at the end of each section of the online training, completing a case study and providing a photo of your pregnancy massage table set-up.
- Face-to-face seminar times are 9am to
- Course is suitable for Massage Therapists (Cert IV & Diploma), Myotherapists, Naturopaths, Osteopaths, Acupuncturists Midwives, Doulas and Health
- Morning and afternoon teas
- 15% of your course fee and a $150 administration fee will be incurred on all
- No refunds will be given 14 days prior to the start of the
- POSITIONS STRICTLY LIMITED TO ENROLLED AND FULLY PAID STUDENTS.
Course Content Outline
Module 1: Pregnancy Massage Changes
- Changes to mother – physiology – self-care and education
- Massage recommendations for each trimester
Module 2: Conditions Unique to Pregnancy
- Unique conditions in pregnancy and pathology of high- risk pregnancies
- Learn how to recognise signs and symptoms of conditions and when massage will be contraindicated
- Review conditions that can affect health of mum and baby
- Pregnancy myths will be explained
Module 3: Body Changes in Pregnancy
- Learn the complex orchestration of hormones in pregnancy
- Anatomy and Reproductive system – musculoskeletal changes
Module 4: Client Positioning for Treatment
- Client history and health assessment
- Safety and benefits of treatment position
- Client positioning for treatment in the first trimester
- Client positioning for second and third trimester
Module 5: Pregnancy Massage Treatments
- Pregnancy massage treatment and process
- How to prepare for a pregnancy massage treatment
- Learn the application of a full body pregnancy massage treatment
- Draping and client positioning for success in treatment
- Introduction to abdominal massage unique to pregnancy to create a mother-baby connection
Module 6: Specialised Pregnancy Techniques
- Gentle techniques to reduce ‘fight/flight response’ – reducing stress and anxiety
- Application of RPT: Release Point Therapy to reduce hip and lower back pain and improve movement
- Myofascial technique to create a gentle stretch in the lumbar spine
- Myofascial techniques for sacroiliac joint and hip pain in pregnancy with a focus on gluteal/hip
For more information,
Training proudly delivered by Pregnancy Massage Australia®
Fee Policy Fees quoted by MIMT are valid from Oct 2022, however we reserve the right to alter fees at anytime. Cancellations received up to and including fourteen (14) days prior to the course will receive a refund, less $50 administration fee. Refunds or transfers will not be provided if less than 14 days notice is given. We reserve the right to cancel the course, in which case a full refund will be issued. By purchasing the course you are acknowledging that you have read and understood the fee policy and accept it as part of my enrolment.